Friday, December 7, 2007

For Such a Time....


Hello fellow artist's and friends,
I have loved being with all of you this semester seeing how the group has grown and reading how God has been placing it as a desire on your heart to use your gifts and talents for what God is doing Now.
In this time it becomes more and more apparent to me the way in which God is networking and unifying His chosen artist's for such a time as this. This past year here at ASU, as many of you know, we have been praying for the art school, reaching out to the students and more recently have begun to realize the urgency of the hour, as I wrote to you in my last message.

This time I want to encourage you that we have really been seeing the artist as a prophet in these coming years. It seems to me that in the past years the artist has been devalued, ignored or at the very least shunned as a profession. But in this past semester I have noticed, by no coincidence, that God is drawing His artist's back for this appointed time. The battle is coming! He needs His artist's just as He did in the old testament, to go before the army, playing music, painting His truth, singing of hope and setting the captives free!I hear almost every week of students changing their major to art here at ASU. Students who didn't know what they were going to major in are taking art classes. Some are even realizing again their gift of music, and are pursuing it again!

As I listen to students and teachers talk to one another I hear new things, prophetic things. We have been praying for truth to be manifested in the school of art, and it is! Through the mouths of the students and teacher's! One of the students in the group has overheard and talked with students who are speaking deep and profound truths in their classes about their artwork. Just last week my painting professor told my class that he felt there was going to be another social revolution in the next 5-10 years (another Great Awakening!), saying that he also felt that our society would be less individualistic and more built on community. I think that God wants His artists to begin to usher this social revolution in! I said last time, as artisits, we have credibility to address what most other's cannot. Injustice, our own culture and reform. I feel the baton is being passed on to us. But it is not an opportunity of fear, but God's ability to work out His Courage in us!

COURAGE: An Audacious, Unhibited, Extremely Original, Recklessly Brave, Unhindered, Highly Capable, Imaginative attempt to CHANGE THE WORLD!

Does this happen instantly? Of course not. But how we start is: choice by choice, step by step and yes by yes. We say, I am yours Lord, and You are Mine! Blessings on all of you as we go into the Winter Break and Merry Christmas! Be refreshed and reunited with God's presence as we wait on Him for His coming glory! And keep painting, singing, playing music, drawing and creating!

No comments: