Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Burning Bush



Hi everyone!
Sorry the weekly updates have been sparse recently, but I want to let you all know that it has been such an encouragement to hear from some of you and to know that God is doing a work in your lives and the lives of others!
I have found that recently all I want is to know Jesus more. Nothing else matters. I realized this past week that I was all about the DOing part of faith--putting too much importance on the ministry and not on the joy of walking with our Father, with our Bridegroom.

This week at ASU we did not prayerwalk the art building. I felt that God was calling us back to our roots; back to intimacy with Him. This week we worshiped together and then closed the meeting by praying for eachother individually. It seemed like the main topic for prayer was a re-discover of intimacy with Jesus. We all have been hungery for His presence in our lives. Like the song Breathe says, we are LOST without Him!
Apart from Him we can do nothing, but I want to encourage you--we are NEVER without Him! All things are possible!

Let God take your heart this week and make it a burning bush of His presence. This week at ASU, the Memorial Union caught on fire. I was astonished and in shock as walked by thousands of studenst standing outside this building very close to the center of campus. When something burns, especially when it REALLY burns, like our union, people can't help but stop and stare in awe and wonder. In the same way God wants to set us on fire, purify us, call us to repentence and baptize our hearts in His Holy fire so that other's will stop and watch us burn!
If you have been discouraged or felt a loss of hope, do not despair. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and future.'"
All this is a part of the burning process--complete surrender for God has the perfect plan for you! My life is a testimony of this truth and I pray that God will show Himself to you in this coming week and put you on fire for His glory!
God bless you all!

No comments: